A friend of aLIVE Fashion Show (we were featured in their blog AND used a lovely employee as a model in our show), Jenesequa is an online magazine that is pushing to become an iPad magazine & website. As there is a lot of beautiful work to be done, I want to provide you with information on a great internship opportunity. Here is the information:
Jenesequa, a start-up independent fashion, beauty and style iPad magazine and website, is seeking virtual editors, social media/PR and graphic design interns to start immediately.
*Graphic Designers' talents most needed*
-Strong writing, editing skills, research and interviewing skills
-Basic understanding of WordPress and/or Content Management System and photo editing skills
-Self-starter with a can-do attitude who enjoys problem-solving
-A background in English, Communications or Journalism
-Interest in fashion, beauty and style is a must
- Writing/editing content for iPad magazine/website, interviewing subjects.
- Online and on the street research
- Have an open and creative mind
- Brainstorming content ideas and planning execution of such ideas
- Contributing/Developing strategic, creative ideas for each issue
Graphic Designer Qualifications:
- Be able to work fast and efficiently in a “virtual” team environment
- Self-starter, motivated, has a team-attitude and enjoys analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge of Photoshop is a MUST
- A background in Graphic Design preferred. Blogging acceptable.
- Literacy in HTML is preferred.
- Interest in fashion, beauty and style a must.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Collage creation for iPad magazine/website
- Layout development/creation for iPad magazine
- Online research
- Photo editing
- Uploading online image galleries
If you desire experience in the magazine/media world and are excited to work in the fashion media industry with experts and professionals, this role is for you.
Minimum 10 hours a week. Position is unpaid but school credit is available if needed. Please email resume and a paragraph on why you would be interested in working for an iPad style magazine, samples of your work (blogs will do!) and availability to email@example.com.